Sweet Pea, Almost Midnight
Our favourite sweet pea – Almost Midnight's flowers are a stunning dark purple, with some lighter flowers too. Sweet peas are a great, easy flower to grow for cutting and feeding the bees. They have a delightful perfume. Cut long stems regularly to encourage more flowering.
- Soil temperature for germination: 15-28°C
- When to sow: Spring, Summer, Autumn
- Germination: 10-15 days
- Spacing: 10 cm, requires staking
- Harvest: 80 days from transplant
- Growing method: Transplant