Skip to content
How to | Sowing seed directly in garden
- Plant seeds to a depth of no more than two times the seed's diameter.
- When sowing directly into your garden, make a shallow trench to place seeds into, then cover over.
- If seeds are very fine, sprinkle on the soil surface and lightly moisten with spray; a fine sprinkling of soil can be applied if desired.
- Protect your seeds from birds until plants are well established. Otherwise they'll cause havoc and you'll be madder than a hatter.
- Maintain moist conditions at all times when germinating.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.