Skip to content
How to | Preparing coir pellets
- Find a waterproof dish that will hold your coir pellets while seeds are germinating. Just use whatever you have around the house, no need to get anything fancy. The dish sides shouldn't be too deep.
- Place the coir pellets into your waterproof dish, open mesh side up.
- Pour some lukewarm water into the dish, and wait (patiently) for the pellets to swell. Add more water as required until fully extended.
- The pellets can take a while to expand, but it's fun watching them swell!
- Pour any excess water out of your dish.
- You are now ready to plant your seeds.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.